Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Handmade gifts

In an earlier posts I mentioned that my son loves colorful cloths and he loves his two very happy trousers. He apparently is not the only one, because one of his friends placed an order for such a pair of trousers. The fifth birthday of my sons friend is this week and I therefore created another pair of Small Fry Jeans. The friend is similarly build as my son. I hope that both the friend and his mother will like it.




I have made more gifts this year which I did not blog about yet. Some of the pictures are from before I made my resolution to make better pictures.


From this girly skirted onesie I actually made two, for two different girls. I used an Ottobre pattern for the onesie and I based the skirt part on an exiting skirted onesie I received when our youngest was born.


One of my friends liked the (regular) onesies I sewed my youghest and when she gave birth to her second child, I gave her this one.



This dino I made for a small boy. It was a very easy and quick gift, you find the tutorial here.



Besides sewing I crocheted a moos/deer. You can see the other animals I made earlier this year here. This moos/deer is not from the Edward's Managerie book, but from a pdf pattern set that I received because I bought the book directly through Toft.




In my previous post I already said that I used my recently acquired Silhouette for multiple types of projects. When a loved daycare lady stopped working at our location I made her a mug. With my Silhouette I cut two pictures of our youngest girls (the ones she took care of) and peeled the "negative part". Then I glued them on a mug and colored the cut-out pieces with a porcelain pen. After half an hour in the oven the mug is dishwasher proof.


The last set of pictures shows another recently made gift. I came across a technique that I had never seen. With zippers a frame is created and the spaces between the zipper parts are filled with needle felting. I simply had to try it (I have a big pile of jeans zippers waiting to be re-purposed). It took me a relatively long time to fixate the zippers, I hand stitched all the teeth individually, but this can easily be done in front of the television.

Feel free to leave a comment in the language you prefer (although Google translate might have to assist me if you choose something different than English, German, Dutch or Hungarian). 

8 comments:

  1. Wat een mooie broek voor een 5-jarige jongen! De mokken zijn ook echt prachtig!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dank je Nat, ik denk dat ik er een briefje bij doe dat er garantie op de broek zit en ik het eerste kniegat voor mijn rekening neem. Vriendje heeft net zo vaak kapotte knieen en bij een broek als deze naai je er gewoon snel een stukje van dezelfde jersey achter en de broek is haast mooier dan voor het gat.

      Delete
  2. Ik hou van die mokken, echt een super leuk idee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dank je Annick, het is trouwens 1 mok met twee versierde kanten, maar ik zag al dat het Nat ook niet duidelijk was.

      Delete
  3. Wat leuk allemaal zeg!! En die mokken, eh, mok, wat een leuk persoonlijk cadeautje. En die broek is ook echt een plaatje!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dank je Jo, laten we hopen dat de moeder van het vriendje dat ook denkt :)

      Delete
  4. Such cute pants! You did a really great job I bet your son will love them :0)

    ReplyDelete