Thursday, February 16, 2017

Pattern twinning in Marlene



Do you remember the Lotte Martens twinning that I did at the beginning of the year? Today, I am doing some pattern twinning with my eldest, using the two other fabric gifts that I received together with the blue jersey. My daughter and me are both wearing a Marlene sweater, the newest translation in the Nah-connection shop. The shoulder detail is perfect for some treasured special fabric, and the Lotte Martens faux leather strip that I got, was just perfect for the job.



The Marlene and Miss Marlene are designed by Fritzi and Schnittreif. Based on the size table I saw that I needed a FBA. I followed the steps of this tutorial and I love the result. The fit is perfect, which means that the size table is spot on. The same thing for my daughter, I sewed her version purely based on the size table (seam allowances are not included in the pattern) and blended through the necessary sizes and the fit on her is also perfect.



My daughter's Miss Marlene was sewn with half a meter of the orange version of the Corax jersey line. The stripes are more subtle on this version compared to the blue version. For the shoulder piece, I used a strip of faux leather that I received. You can make a flower with the strip, but your imagination is the limit. This woman clearly does not know any limit on that aspect. The main fabric is the same Lillestoff French terry as these trousers (bought at Joyfits).



After sewing my girl's sweater I had a narrow strip of fabric left. My newest fabric buster is to make doll clothes. I bought two gorgeous "grown up" dolls (I was disappointed that there were no boy dolls in this line), such that we can make them clothes. I drew this dress based on the dress the girl came with and I put a zipper in the back. I am very satisfied with the fit. I see many more in our future, because I once (in the beginning of my sewing career) bought 100 small zippers, and these doll dresses are perfect for them.



I doubled the leather for the shoulder pieces, as was explained in the pattern. Seeing as leather does not fray, I could just have worked with a single layer though, she was smarter about it. When I read that post my shirts were already done though. So, maybe I could have made the (doll) shoes, like she did, when I would have realized that in time.



If you followed the numbers on the right right of my blog, you might have wondered where all those garments went, I did not show many of my January makes in January. But now the floodgates have opened. Somehow many deadlines came together, so today, I am showing you item ten, eleven and twelve for this week. I have two other posts for the weekend planned, but then it should go back down a bit again. I am going on a sewing weekend though, so that again might create a large amount of new blog material inflow.



Both Marlene and Miss Marlene are on 15% sale until Monday in the Nah-connection shop. You can check all the details on the Lotte Martens fabrics on the site (including where you can buy them). The jersey and faux leather strips are now part of the basic collection, so they will be available for a while.


9 comments:

  1. Dat ziet er echt een heerlijk patroontje uit. Mooi ook, met de stofkeuze en combinatie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Door de sobere/uni kleur is hij echt mijn favo trui de laatste tijd ;)

      Delete
  2. Prachtige matching outfits! <3 voor het prachtige schouderdetail!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ik baal wel dat ik hem dus dubbel knipte, anders had ik er nog meer mee kunnen doen!

      Delete
  3. Knap gedaan! Jij moet trouwens wel heel goed georganiseerd zijn om zoveel genaaid te krijgen! Petje af!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, nou noem mij maar meer heel impulsief.. en als ik eraan begin moet het ook meteen af.

      Delete