Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Fjara release



You know that I like testing, and being allowed to hack in the release post makes it extra fun. Today, I am showing you Fjara tops from Pienkel. The Fjara is a racer back top, which is a perfect staple in a kid's closet. I considered making one for my son too, but I ran out of time. I think he would like one though.



I do not have decent pictures of the first top I made, but it will turn up on the blog combined with something else for sure. For this post I used the pattern three times. I made my eldest a straight Fjara.  Both the ribbing and the main fabric are from Joyfits and I already used the main fabric for this PJ. I paired this Fjara with the reversible Hiekka I made for my eldest.



For my youngest, I decided to play with the bindings. I ordered some elastic bias at Joyfits, simply because I was intrigued by it. Stretchy bias is directly stitched on the fabric, without folding, the edges are exposed. The shoulder bands are slightly puffy. It could be that I just made the bias a little bit too small, I did not really find a tutorial on how to use it. I thought it was logical to just take as much as the outer curve that you binding. Did anyone read something about that somewhere, maybe I should not use it on curves? I used the shiny side on the outside and I really love the effect. I added a bit of color blocking to the back. Marloes from Joyfits did it in several of her versions, and I just loved it! I combined it with her baby Dyyni skirt.



On the day that I was cutting my Fjara's, my middle one asked me for a sleeveless dress (with bands on the shoulders) and multiple skirts. She had seen one of her classmates wear something like that and she wanted it as well. She even drew me a picture. I asked her if the shoulder bands of the Fjara were narrow enough and they were fine. I used the free Dynni baby pattern to make the skirt. I calculated the required top width of one panel and just lengthened the top of the Dyyni pieces to get the (smaller) width I needed. The Dynni is a gathered woven skirt and I really needed to significantly narrow the pieces to make it jersey proof. I slightly shortened the Fjara pattern and added one skirt of 20 cm and one of 30 cm. The Fjara is great for scraps, thos one was also made with a fabric I used earlier.




The pattern will be €6 (excl. EU VAT). There is a 30% storewide discount to celebrate the release with the code FJARATANK30. The code is valid until Thursday July 7th midnight CET. Plus, everyone who buys a pattern (any Pinkel pattern) in July or August receives a discount code from Joyfits, for the perfect ribbing/cuff fabric (25% discount, valid through July & August on the entire selection of ribbing at Joyfits).

11 comments:

  1. Ik ben zooooo verliefd op de outfit van je jongste dochter. Lekker speels en mooi. Ik zou het zo overnemen voor mijn dochtertje Jade. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zo kleurrijk, ik zocht onlangs ook naar een goede tutorial voor rekbare bies, maar ik vond niets. Ik heb de bies maar weer in de kast gelegd!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ik kreeg er eentje toegespeeld, maar ik moet er nog naar kijken ;)

      Delete
  3. Geweldige rij Fjaras! Ik heb laatst toevallig ook elastische biais gebruikt op een racerback. Ik vond het ook wel even puzzelen. Er moest bij mij op de scherpe curves toch echt wel wat rek op en op de schouders helemaal geen rek. Het bolt/ trekt nog steeds wel een beetje. Maar volgens mij kan het ook aan de maat liggen. Ik maakte drie verschillende maten en bij de kleinste deed hij dit het meest. Iets wat eerder ook al gebeurde met normale boordstof afwerking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Het zal ook aan de stevigheid van de jersey liggen verwacht ik, interessant materiaal in ieder geval.

      Delete
  4. Mooie shirts en jurk! Hier ook geen fan van rekbare biais...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miste je precies op instagram, gelukkig is er hier nog wel veel leven in de brouwerij :-) Mooie Fjara's! Ben nu voor de kleinste eentje aan het maken. Kato zou heel blij zijn met zo'n jurkjesversie, leuk gevonden! Grappig dat niemand nog wat zei van de bloemetjes op zijn kop, ik deed dat al eens met vliegtuigjes en nooit commentaar op gekregen :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ik ben dan waarschijnlijk uit je instagram gevallen, want daar post ik net zo vaak als hier, maar met dat nieuwe algoritme denk instagram dat je mij blijkbaar niet wil zien. Als je op het paarse jurkje doelde, dat zijn kersen ;)die horen echt zo.

      Delete
  6. The world appreciates the writings that include the knowledge and information about everyday science. I like your style and promise to come again and again to increase my skills and knowledge.
    best gilets for women

    ReplyDelete