Monday, February 22, 2016

Ladies Legend dress

Last week, I showed you the girl Legend, slightly hacked. Today, I am showing you the ladies Legend, exactly as the pattern prescribed. The Legend is the newest pattern from Sew Straight and Gather. It is a very versatile pattern including three sleeve lengths on a top or two types of dresses.



In my previous post, I already told you most there is to tell about the pattern. so let's focus on the fabric. I won the fabric a few months ago at Ellen Naait. It is Ponta Di Roma and such a lovely quality. Nice and thick but not stiff. It was originally a corral reef print (or at least it seems that to me), just check out the original pictures of the fabric. Now that the fabric became a dress it is just a nice combination of different color shades.



The fabric came from Madeline de Stoffenmadam but you can not buy it there now. The store burned out a few weeks ago. Many people are rebuilding the store in the building next door. The first fabric has already been sold and if you want to support the store you can also already order online.



It still feel awkward to pose for pictures, my kids seem to have a natural relationship with the camera but I do not. I need help with pictures, so my mother shot them. My tripod does not handle portrait pictures and I fear the whole thing would fall over with the heavy flash on it anyway.


The pattern is not on sale any more, but it is definitely worth the normal price! And yes, I know it is still Project Run and Play and actually Kids Clothes Week, kid's clothes will probably come later this week. With this dress I sewed myself some love.


I love to hear what you think of my creations. Feel free to leave a comment in the language you prefer (although Google translate might have to assist me if you choose something different than English, German, Dutch or Hungarian).  

5 comments:

  1. Wat een apart stofje zeg, mooi. Staat je goed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, je hebt er iets moois van gemaakt! Staat je heel goed! Dat kraagje van die jurk vind ik heel leuk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Staat je fantastisch! Je ziet er sowieso super goed uit, hebben jullie goed gedaan :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heel leuk, het is ook een heel mooie stof dat uit hebt gekozen hiervoor.

    ReplyDelete