Monday, November 30, 2015

Liana Jeans, Itch to Stitch pattern release

To write that I could use some trousers is the understatement of the year. Let's say it wasn't a coincidence that this, this, this, this and this shirt where all modelled with the same jeans. Itch to stitch's call for stretch jeans to the rescue. The last years I haven't bought many trousers (hence the gaping hole in my closet where my trousers should be) and I therefore kind a managed to circumvent the whole skinny jeans phase. When I was a teenager bootcut was the style and for me it stuck, so thank god they are back! This pattern has three leg shapes though, so which ever style you are stuck in, it is there!



Like last time, I will show you my second pair first. These purple ones with white top stitching are amazing. The fit was perfect from the start. I do not often wear high heals during the day and at home I always walk on my socks. I therefore kept the length such that they do not scrape the floor when I am a not wearing shoes. The length of the pattern is longer though.



The back pockets are a great position for your own top stitching design. In the test group I have seen several beautiful versions. When I was sewing this purple pair I was in a hurry, so I chose for a simple single line basic top stitching. I think it is still very elegant like this. I cut and sewed the trousers on one Saturday (starting in the morning).


My second pair of jeans is orange with golden top stitching. Gold really has become my favorite color (for small details). I used a twin needle (for jeans) to do the top stitching, that was a challenge in the corners, but I am very satisfied with the look. I still have to add snaps to the pocket flaps, but I haven't decided on the color yet. Check out the shape of the flap though, isn't it cool?


I unfortunately forgot a step in the zipper instruction for this orange pair, and therefore kind a screwed up the end result. If I wear them with a belt the problem isn't that obvious and when I wear it with a longer sweater it is non-existing (what you can not see isn't there right?) Me skipping the step, was me not paying attention, it wasn't the introductions. The purple version's zipper is perfect.


The choice of two bold colored jeans might not be the most logical one for others. They do not universally match with every sweater type, but I love them a lot. A blue one I can buy relatively easy anyway, but I might make myself a third pair though!


Jump over to Itch to Stitch to check out the pattern now! There is a release sale of 20% and an extra 15% bundle discount if you buy atleast two patterns.

I love to hear what you think of my creations. Feel free to leave a comment in the language you prefer (although Google translate might have to assist me if you choose something different than English, German, Dutch or Hungarian).


13 comments:

  1. Knap! Fijn dat je zo'n goed passend patroon gevonden hebt! Bootcut is ook mijn favoriet, geen skinny's voor mij :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ik paste zelfs precies in 1 maat, ik hoefde zelfs niet tussen maten door te tekenen!

      Delete
  2. Love the colors! Bootcut is also my favorite, the pattern looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was searching for a true red fabric, but I could only find something that resembles raspberry, but these worked in the end.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Die jas van jou lijkt me stuk ingewikkelder hoor :)

      Delete
  4. Mooie broeken! En wat prachtige kleuren jeans!! Topkleuren!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ik kreeg ook meteen zin om voor mijn zoon een heel rijtje gekleurde jeans te naaien.

      Delete
  5. Ze zitten je goed. Ik zou dat precies niet zien zitten om voor mezelf zo'n jeans te maken. Petje af!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terwijl ik zo op kijk tegen geweven stof jurken, deze broeken zijn stretch he, toch wat meer foutmarge mogelijk. Die Belladona jurk van jou doet me nog steeds kwijlen.

      Delete
  6. Straf zeg, je eigen jeans maken! Daar durf ik mij nog niet aan wagen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Deze pin ik, ik ben vooral fan van de oranje versie! Als ik in de winkels echt geen mooie broeken kan vinden lijkt dit me de ideale uitweg!

    ReplyDelete