Saturday, October 24, 2015

KCW Lili fall dress

After pulling the leaves fabric, that I used for this project, from the bottom of a pile, I really felt the urge to sew up something else with it. Two weeks ago I received a Lili pattern on paper as a reward for testing it, so I decided to make another Lili, one with long sleeves this time. The sleeves make the dress a true allrounder.



I decided to omit the official collar, but to add an interesting twist, I added a smaller collar. The collar is self drawn. I didn't put any stabilizer in the collar and this way the collar fits over her head without a zipper or button closure. It would have looked nicer if I would have ironed the collar, but it is Kids Clothes Week so I was in a hurry to take pictures.



Like with the second Lili dress, I made box pleats instead of folding the pleats to one side. The sleeves fit perfectly. What I find intriguing about this pattern, the front isn't a copy of the back (with a different neckline). The shoulders and armholes really have a different shape, which is not usual for knit patterns. This already shows in the sleeve pattern, the sleeve head is far from symmetrical.


This is my last KCW week entry for this season. I have some tests on my table, so although they are kid's stuff, I can not show them yet.


*** added bonus, this is a perfect garment for the "Climate Change" prompt on Top Stitchers***


I love to hear what you think of my creations. Feel free to leave a comment in the language you prefer (although Google translate might have to assist me if you choose something different than English, German, Dutch or Hungarian).  

17 comments:

  1. Leuk! Eindelijk dus eens een patroontje voor tricot, begrijp ik? Want dat mis ik toch echt...bijna alle meisjespatronen zijn int katoen..Wil hem ook wel :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja, tricot patroon inderdaad. In digitale vorm is er veel minder keuze in tricot dan in katoen, maar blader de Ottobre eens door, die vind ik super!

      Delete
  2. mooi en zeker de herfstkleuren die je nu buiten ziet :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ik had weinig tijd voor de shoot, maar het liefste was ik naar het bos gegaan en had ik haar in een stapel bladeren gelegd!

      Delete
  3. Mijn topkleuren in mijn favoriete seizoen! Prachtig!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ik ben ook een herfst type qua kleur favorieten realiseerde ik me.

      Delete
  4. I love this fabric, and you made such a pretty dress out of it! What a perfect autumn dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really treasured the fabric when I bought it, didn't dare to cut it, but then I realized that I feel that I shouldn't sew with it in another season (she can wear it of course, but sewing it feels less appropriate) so now I really had to use it, so happy I did!

      Delete
  5. De kleuren van het jurkje, de foto's... ♥ voor de herfst!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heerlijk inderdaad die herfst kleuren, op de parkeerplaats van mijn werk liggen vreselijk veel bladeren, elke dag denk ik daar: ik had hier foto's moeten maken, ze kunnen er daar in zwemmen (en bijna verdrinken)

      Delete
  6. zalig kleedje, die kleuren zijn echt prachtig! En je jongste wordt een echt topmodel :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Geweldig! Ik hou ook van het Lili-patroon, leuk idee om de plooien anders te leggen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for linking up for the Top Stitchers sew along! I love this dress too!

    ReplyDelete