Friday, December 7, 2012

Secret Santa gift

In the Netherlands we have a Dutch tradition that very much resembles Secret Santa. This year I ought to buy one of my friends, who likes bags, a gift. The budget for our Secret Santa is limited, it is the thought that counts. In the previous few years I made a tradition for myself that the gift should contain something home made. This had started when another friend had requested a hat. I could not find a nice one within my price range and knitted one. The next year I gifted Christmas decoration and this year I made a bag. I had some red dot fabric lying around and an already repurposed brown jeans. I had seen some wonderful smocking on Pinterest and wanted to try it and considered the surface of the bag to be the ideal trial size (original project was also a bag so there might be some inception at work here as wel). I love how it turned out and I will be using this smocking again.

3 comments:

  1. Deze had ik nog niet gezien. Heel leuk dat smockwerk. Ik kwam hier via het patchwork project. Zoiets zou ook veel beter op mijn bed passen, dan wat ik nu heb. Maar je hebt waarschijnlijk geen oude broeken meer :)

    ReplyDelete